AMBI® Model Search Photo Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1. Here’s How it Works:
Submit two recent photos (taken within 3 months of date of Entry) which you believe show why you should be chosen as the New Face of AMBI. One (1) photo must only show your full face and one (1) photo must be a full-length frontal photo of yourself. A panel of judges will judge all eligible photos received to determine five (5) Finalists. The Finalists’ submissions will be posted online where website visitors can vote for their favorite submission to help determine the winner of the Grand Prize.
See Rule #3 for Entry instructions and Submission Guidelines
No Purchase Necessary. Open to residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of Entry. Neither Valeant Pharmaceuticals Employees and their families nor Healthcare professionals and their families may participate. Professional models or those in the modeling field are eligible to enter. Winner may not have any contractual modeling or other conflicts that would prohibit winner from participating in a photo shoot for an AMBI national print campaign. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or limited by law or regulation.
3. Here’s How to Enter:
Beginning 12:00 am (ET) on 2/15/2014 through 11:59 pm (ET) on 4/15/2014 (“Promotion Period”), visit www.AmbiModelSearch.com and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Official Contest Entry Form, upload your two (2) photos as described in Rule #1 (see below for photo/Submission guidelines) (collectively “Entry” or “Submission”) and submit your Entry. Entries must be received by 11:59 pm (ET) on 4/15/2014. A person can use only one email address to enter. Limit one Entry per email address throughout the duration of the promotion. Once an Entry has been made the Entry cannot be changed. All material submitted becomes property of Sponsor and will not be returned. No correspondence will be acknowledged or entered into. Participants may not submit an Entry for another person.
Determination of compliance with Submission Guidelines and these Official Rules will be in the sole discretion of the Sponsor/judges, whose decisions are final.
- Photo Submission must be in JPEG or PNG format only, with a maximum file size of 5MB. Photograph can be in color or black and white.
- Photo Submission must contain the Entrant only; no other identifiable persons may be depicted in the photo.
- Submission cannot contain, incorporate or reference anything that is owned by any third party or entity or would require the consent of any third party or entity in any jurisdiction.
- Submission must not have appeared in a print, TV or on-line advertising campaign for any beauty products.
- The Submission cannot contain/display any unacceptable clothing or adornments, or identifiable commercial/corporate advertising other than Sponsor’s (including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names and slogans).
- Submission may include AMBI brand names and/or trademarks; the use of AMBI brand names and/or trademarks is permitted only for the purpose of entering in this Contest. NOTE: Use of AMBI brand names and/or trademarks is not required.
- Submission must not refer, depict or in any way reflect negatively upon the Sponsor, the Contest or any other person or entity.
- Submission must be suitable for presentation in a public forum.
- If Entrant is considered a minor in their state of residence, Entrant must have received permission from their parent/legal guardian, prior to Entry.
- Entrant must receive prior written permission from the photographer if the photo Submission was taken by someone other than the Entrant. Entrant must make written copies of such permissions available to the Sponsor upon request.
- By entering, 1) Entrant certifies that Entrant holds all rights to the Submission, and that Entrant has followed and complied with the Official Rules of the Contest and 2) Entrant grants Sponsor the right to post Submission at www.AmbiModelSearch.com for the duration of the online voting period, should Entrant be deemed a Finalist.
4. Finalist Judging:
All eligible entries received will be preliminarily judged to determine the top five (5) entries by a panel of Sponsor’s representatives, based on the following criteria: “Overall Appeal”; “Suitability to be the New Face of AMBI”; “Appropriateness to AMBI Image.” In the event of a tie, tied entries will be broken based on the highest score for “Overall Appeal.” Finalists will be notified by mail/express delivery carrier. If Sponsor is unable to verify five (5) Finalists, online voting will proceed with the number of Finalists that are able to be verified.
5. Finalist Notification:
Potential Finalists will be contacted by email and/or phone. Potential Finalists (and parent/legal guardian if potential Finalist is deemed a minor in the Entrant’s state of residence) will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, certifying Entrant holds all rights to the submission, that Entrant followed the Official Rules of the Contest, and that Entrant grants permission to post the Entry submission online for the duration of the online voting period. Additionally, potential Finalists will be required to complete a Release of Liability, Prize Acceptance Form and, to the extent permissible under applicable law, a Publicity Release. All documents must be returned within 7 days (including Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays) following receipt of same. Potential Finalist must have access to a printer and a scanner or fax machine for the return of completed documents. Noncompliance within this time period or return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification without further notice and an alternate Finalist may be determined, time permitting.
6. Online Voting:
Beginning 12:00 am (ET) on 4/25/2014 through 11:59 pm (ET) on 5/2/2014, the pictures submitted by up to five (5) Finalist Entries determined via Rule #4, will be posted at www.AmbiModelSearch.com. During these dates, website visitors will be given the opportunity to select their favorite Entry to help determine the Grand Prize winner by following the online instructions. Limit one vote per email address per day. Each Finalist’s Entry/Submission’s percentage of the total votes received will carry a 20% weight and the judging scores from the Finalist Judging (Rule #4) will carry an 80% weight in the determination of the winner. The Finalist with the highest combined score will be deemed the Grand Prize winner. In the event of a final tie, tiebreaker will be based on the highest score for “Overall Appeal” as determined from the Finalist Judging (Rule #4).
(1) Grand Prize: A 3-day/2-night trip for winner only to New York City, including round trip coach air transportation from major airport nearest winner’s home, 2 nights’ hotel accommodations and $2,000 cash (ARV $3,600). If the winner lives within a 250-mile radius of NYC, winner will receive $250 travel stipend in lieu of air transportation. In addition, at the sole discretion of the sponsor of the AMBI Model Search Photo Contest and subject to the winner providing a full release, the prize may include the opportunity for the winner to participate in a photo shoot for AMBI, and the images from that photo shoot may be used in a national print campaign for AMBI. The winner relinquishes any/all property rights to the photo shoot image(s), will not receive additional compensation and is not guaranteed future modeling work for AMBI. There is no retail value associated the opportunity to participate in photo shoot print campaign portion of the prize. Winner is solely responsible for all other expenses not specifically set forth herein, including but not limited to meals, additional transportation, souvenirs, upgraded room accommodations and other incidentals and items of a personal nature. Trip must be taken on dates specified by sponsor; dates of departure/return are subject to change. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, mutilated or stolen travel documents. Actual retail value of the prize will depend on winner’s point of departure/return. Prize consists of only the items specifically listed as part of the prize.
8. General Rules:
If winner is deemed a minor in the Entrant’s state of residence, winner’s parent/legal guardian will be required to accompany winner on trip and must complete and return a Release of Liability or the minor Entrant will be disqualified. All travelers must possess required travel documents (e.g., valid photo ID) prior to departure. All travelers must agree to depart and return on dates specified by the Sponsor; dates of departure and return are subject to change. Sponsor will conduct a background check on the potential Grand Prize winner in its sole discretion. Such background check may include (but is not limited to) investigation of employment history, criminal or other arrest or conviction record, and any other factor deemed relevant by Sponsor to help ensure that the Entrant’s participation in the Contest will not, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, bring Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on Sponsor. Potential Grand Prize winner must agree to a background investigation or Entrant will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be chosen. Any potential winner who has been convicted of a felony, based on the results of the background investigation, may be disqualified and an alternate winner will be determined. No substitution or transfer of prize by winner permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value. All applicable federal, state and local taxes on prize and any expenses relating to the acceptance/use of prize not specified herein are the sole responsibility of winner. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. If Sponsor suspects that an Entrant attempted to obtain additional entries by using multiple email addresses, registrations, identities or any other method, all entries submitted by the Entrant may be declared null and void. Sponsor/judges reserve the right to: (a) use contestant’s name and likeness and reproduce/distribute all Entries submitted in any and all media throughout the world in perpetuity, (b) alter, amend, edit or change Entries prior to distribution and (c) use, distribute, reproduce, alter, amend and copyright Entries for purposes of advertising and trade, without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Entrants/winner (and parent/legal guardian if Entrant/winner is a minor in the Entrant’s state of residence) agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Released Parties from and against any and all liability (including damages caused or claimed to be caused) arising out of participation and/or acceptance/use of prize, and agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the judges’ decisions, which are final. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winner’s name and/or likeness and/or Entry submission for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, including a winners’ list, unless prohibited by law. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any contest materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Sponsor not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the contest or in the announcement of the prize.
NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Not responsible for faulty, incorrect, undeliverable or mistranscribed phone/email transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the promotion, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user’s ability to participate in the promotion. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering by a user’s Internet service provider and/or email client or for insufficient space in user’s email account to receive email. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the promotion if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the program; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the program as determined by Sponsor/judging agency/administrator, in their sole discretion. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted online and all eligible entries received prior to termination will be included in the judging. If technical malfunctions or suspect voting/irregularities corrupt the voting process, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to award prizes based solely on the Finalists Judging scores or non-suspect votes. Any damage made to the Web Site by an Entrant/voter will be the responsibility of the Entrant/voter and/or the authorized email account holder of the email address submitted at the time of Entry/vote. Proof of submitting entries/votes will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any entries/votes which are suspected of being fraudulent (including those using robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods of participation) will be disqualified, based on determinations made solely by Sponsor. Any votes received from organizations may be deemed ineligible at discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation/voting of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.
For the name of the Grand Prize winner, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with WINNER 7651 as the subject line. Requests for name of the Grand Prize winner must be received by 5/2/2014. Winner’s list will be sent after winner has been verified.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America LLC, 700 Route 202/206 North, Bridgewater, N.J. 08807